Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2015 begins

I am excited, 2015 is coming.
2014 has been a challenging year. Fell down and hurt my knee at a job. Fell down on the street and broke my finger. Have a wire inside to keep the bone intact. Had a job, had four jobs, had one job and then had no job. Let myself get connected to a guy, someone who understood me more than any other guy has but in the end he chose someone else. Not to worry as I have a great idea for a short story inspired by him. Wrote a couple of songs inspired by him.
2015 is about change, about renewal. Making new choices of redirecting my life. Art needs to be a bigger part of my life in 2015 than it has been in 2014. I forgot that part of myself. In terms of work, I have followed the regular job path. Was hired by a big financial institution until the recession hit and they let me go. Went looking for other admin/financial jobs but the supply of admin applicants was high and I needed to find some career that could set me apart. Hence Bookkeeping came into my life. I love bookkeeping. It made me feel like a detective. I love puzzles and bookkeeping was like a big puzzle. I heard about the exponential growth of bookkeeping and I was hooked. I found a great place to learn, loved the staff. After my classes, I worked as an intern which turned into full time work. Then due to summer in 2013 and the slow down of work, I was put to part-time status until this summer 2014 when I became full time again. I was very excited to be back with the team that I had grown to respect and admire. Work was challenging. Then by the end of the year, the ever changing environment of the place I had loved to come to in the morning, again changed and this time I was let go. Nothing personal, it's just one of those things that happens.
And now here is 2015 coming tomorrow to bring promise of new adventures for a whole new year. This is the year to switch back to more art in my life; Photography, writing, songs, acting, singing, etc. Isn't this where I've needed to be all this time? Yes I will still do bookkeeping and Office Managing because I love that as well. And at the same time, refocus myself on the thing that makes my soul tick. ARTOnTheMove Anew for 2015.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home